Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Discussion
  dreamcast tourney...

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   dreamcast tourney...
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-01-2000 09:43 AM


What you guys think about a dreamcast tourney? Good idea, bad idea? What games?

I think Tony Hawk 2 would be a good idea. What about Soul Caliber or Dave Mira BMX? I can supply a prize either from where I work (Ritual) or maybe something dreamcast related like a new controller or something like that

Tell me what ya think cause if it is good, i'll tell dune and snicker and we'll have some awesome DC action.

BTW, there will be no ps2 action...that's for llamaz.

oooo - i just noticed I am a sergent (however you spell it). Woohoo!

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-01-2000 04:35 PM


Dreamcast tourney sounds great to me! (and yes ps2 is for llamaz) I think tony hawk 2 and another game (although I could whip all of you,Mike64 is the pre-deemed tony hawk2 champion cause im sure he'll smoke me) Soul caliber sounds cool,I'd prefer DOA2 though.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged
Mike64
Private

Posts: 26
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-02-2000 01:02 PM


Yes, a DC tournament is definately a good idea. Tony Hawk 2 is a good choice for a game, as well as Soul Caliber.

------------------
Tony Hawk 2 Dreamcast Central:
http://www.segadcc.com/thps2dc/


Click Here to See the Profile for Mike64   Click Here to Email Mike64    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 11656759UIN: 11656759   Send an AIM Message to MrMikeMc64    IP Logged
jz2023
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-02-2000 07:32 PM


what about a ps2 tournement? I could bring one. Anyone a big Tekken Tag fan or SSX fan?

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for jz2023   Click Here to Email jz2023    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-03-2000 12:47 AM


Well, tango will NOT support it. You will have to bring ya own TV and controllers and stuff. Go for it if ya want...

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Mike64
Private

Posts: 26
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-03-2000 01:44 AM


Does the PS2 not have a coax connection? If it does, I have a capture card on my computer which we could use, but only for a little while, as I would like to LAN, at a LAN party

But if we could get a PS2 going at the next TANGO, I would definately like to play some TTT.

------------------
Tony Hawk 2 Dreamcast Central:
http://www.segadcc.com/thps2dc/


Click Here to See the Profile for Mike64   Click Here to Email Mike64    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 11656759UIN: 11656759   Send an AIM Message to MrMikeMc64    IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-03-2000 08:58 AM


go for it - the more diverse gaming the better - it's just you cannot use the projector. I guarentee you that the DC will be getting a TON of use..

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-04-2000 06:26 PM


yes DC all the way Have we decided which games?

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-04-2000 09:48 PM


no...not yet....Tony Hawk 2, Soul Caliber, and Dave Mirra BMX will prolly be a lineup....but, we'll see.

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-05-2000 10:49 AM


Guess I better leech Dave Mirra so I can practice

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-10-2000 12:46 PM


im up for a Soul Calibur tourney....I missed the one at Frag4

and umm....what else...

Dead or Alive 2... 4 player tag team would be fun.

------------------
praise the dj


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-10-2000 12:47 PM


I got a dinky little TV if we need it...

------------------
praise the dj


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-10-2000 03:07 PM


we got a TV....believe me We're probably going to only have one tourney...I'll haev to talk with the DC tourney person. I am running the CS tourney.

------------------
- coolant
coolant@ritual.com
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-10-2000 11:31 PM


I think the DC tourny is an excellent idea. We held a Soul Calibur tourny at the FRAG 4 CPL. It went off pretty well but because it was imprompt too we only had a bag of M & M's as the first prize. (dam you MasterMind... that bag should have been mine). There is supposed to be one being held at the Babbages CPL next week two. They are supposed to have an actualy sponsor for that one. I say good fraggin to ya whether it's with a gun or a sword in the gut. On with the gaming.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47