|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() Rogue Spear Retreat News
![]() DeetWeb Mods Launches/ Mall Map
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: DeetWeb Mods Launches/ Mall Map | ||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 605 |
The Rogue Spear Retreat is proud to host a new site: DeetWeb Mods. DeetWeb Mods is a new site that contains new original Rogue Spear Maps and tutorials for making maps in 3D Studio Max. Also check out their forums for information about current projects and get help with building maps. Below are some screen shots of their current work in progress. You can check their site out at http://roguespear.3dretreat.com/deetwebmods | ||
|
FURY Newbie
Posts: 4 |
I be glad to host betatesting of these and any other maps the community come up with in the next few weeks. You can find me in the Concrete Jungle room on the zone. I also have (arguably)the biggest statssite in the RS-community, fury-sweden.hypermart.net or www.unitedhumpers.com/, with over 20.000 kills. Drop a line at uhfury@hotmail.com. /FURY =UH= { SWEDEN } ------------------ | ||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 605 |
Wow, that is really cool! I haven't seen anyone keeping that many stats, I think you definately are justified saying you have the most logged kills, hehe. ------------------ | ||
|
FURY Newbie
Posts: 4 |
ABOUT RS, 3rd PERSON AND RAINBOW 3. 3rd and C4 is an evil combination. 3rd and centerview is just a step behind. What I could except is a mirror, or in case this was a future-shooter a flying camera, but then both of them should be destructible. Think scared camper, he don't dare to peek even, he take out his handy mirror, and BLAM, a .300 trashes it! Now the little bugger is forced to show his ugly head or reposition him self. The concept of a little mini-helicopter gives a few neat tactical ideas... It should force one man to use the remote,(no weapon in hand) and there should not be possible to bring more then one per team. While I'm at this dreaming thing, what if in Rainbow 3; you have less frags, like 1 or 2 per inventory spot. To avoid little of the fraggin-frenzy. Always have 3 flashers outside the 2 regular spots, and you should be able to trow them as far as the frags. Dedicated servers for matchplay(ladder, tourneys), while still letting ppl host/play. Standard laddercammos!? 2 fairly easy to spot cammos for laddering. Maybe a helmetband in team colors to avoid teamkills. Built in stats program, for total games, tourney and timescale,(week, month, whatever). At least the dedicated server should have extensive stats capability. Skillpoints? A TeamKill should decrease score by 2 kills, that is if you kill 3 enemys and 1 of your own, you be credited with only 1 kill. You should not be able to get on negative, because then maybe some turd try to be the worst TK:er in the world. An official map-library at RSE. When a glitch or some other error is found in the official maps for Rainbow 3 they should be updated and stored at RSE official map-library. Then when any laddergame or tourney starts everyone could check that the games are played on the latest versions of all the maps(autoupdate?). Maybe there is a need for a version number at the loading screen. A nice thing would be if a map from the community or inhouse was added to the map-library every month. This would evolve the laddering at least a little. In reallife situations, the team would have to adept to new locations every time, and a random map creation for every game is to much to ask i guess? (Many players get frustrated by not knowing the new maps, but adept and overcome for god sake! I'll bet most of those guys will still play RS when we other are playing Rainbow 3) Export all the old map for Rainbow 3. (Cant wait to play all those old goodies!) A knife. To really humiliate. This need to be slow so ppl don't run around with this to much. Just like the bangers this would be standard issue. Make a few more rets to choose from. You should be able to play vs more terrorists, especially in Co-op. Obviously the terrorist need better AI too. All the crazy bugs, like playermodel or weapons showing true doors and walls, peeking in to objects, flashers and shots passing true "solid" objects must be fixed before release. Official RSE ladder. Maybe RSE should integrate Gamespy into Rainbow 3. Zone works very poorly and M-player is even worse. Shooting gallery with competitions. Solid and moving targets. More practice options. A lot more and reversed starting points. Make it possible to run and frag/flash. Faster readiness when you have switched gear. Remove the "oh a fell one feet, my knees are trembling and I cant move or shoot for 2 secs" I'll better stop now, ty for reading all this, see you in game. ------------------ | ||
|
FURY Newbie
Posts: 4 |
Thank you Snicker for checking out my stats. I signed up for your tourney, by the way. Is there any chance that you could have John Sonedecker read my long rant with ideas for Rainbow 3? I would like to thank Mr Sonedecker for his work with the plugins and also the Mint map and his upcoming conversions! I totally love Mint, (Embassy next plz). I like playing the small Covert Operations maps and Mint on scattered teams, instant crazy "running around trying to reload, please don't hit me" action. +Woah! I know every single start point so ppl keep asking me how did you know I was there? Haha! I never cheat. I always boot glitch-users and other cheaters, when I'm sure. Why does ppl enjoy cheating so much? If a game is to easy there is no meaning of playing it! Bye ------------------ | ||
|
Drunk Major ![]() ![]()
Posts: 255 |
Your best chance of getting your suggestions noted/logged is to put them on the RSE forums, this way the developers are more likely to read them but i know they are regular visitors of RSR ![]() ------------------ | ||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 605 |
test ------------------ | ||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 141 |
I would have to agree with drunky, if you really want your ideas looked at by the games creators, post your thoughs on the RSE forums.... http://forums.redstorm.com ------------------ | ||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 141 |
Oh and as for an official RSE ladder, it won't happen, but if you want a good cheat free ladder with good competition and people, try TheRumble ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47