Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  Map Creation In Progress

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Map Creation In Progress
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 171
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-05-2001 04:12 AM


I have recived some news from "Crockett" aka "Bulldozer" about a map that he is currently working on. Here is what he had to say about his map:
"Everything you see is under 400 polys, the entire outside of the map is under 200 polys so far. I know the streets look a little open , when I'm done there will be benches and a few things to hide behind on the sidewalks and a few cars. There is a complete inside of the store modeled already but it's not textured so I didn't show it, but many of the buildings will have small rooms to go in. I'm toying with the idea of allowing you to go on the roof of the main store. I'm trying to balance the map between a snipe and full rush. I may be able to do a test run as soon as tomorrow, but I'm not 100%, I don't expect to have this map finished till next week."
And here is a few screens of to give you an idea of what the map currently looks like:



On a side note, the blue boxes in the street are boxes used for judging the dimensions of the map, they are roughly in game player model size..so that should give you an idea of the size of the map. For more info go here.


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47